Travancore Titanium Products Limited incorporated in 1946 by Sree Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of the erstwhile Princely State of Travancore, is into the manufacture of Titanium Dioxide pigment from ilmenite, a mineral abundantly available on the beaches of South Kerala.

TTPL started production of Titanium Dioxide through Sulphate Route in 1951 and today is one of the leading manufacturers of the magic white pigment TiO2 in the country, producing nearly 60 tons per day.

In 1960, TTPL became a public sector enterprise owned by the Government of Kerala with its manufacturing facility at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.

TTPL continues to be an expert in its class making the society better and makes the products in everyday life exude with unmatched exuberance.

Growing Steadily


1951

TTPL started production of Titanium Dioxide through sulphate Route. The installed capacity of the plant was 1800 tons per annum (i.e. 5 tons per day).

1954

Full swing production started from 1.1.1954. The company started its first expansion programme in 1957 for doubling the annual production capacity from 1800 to 3600 tones (5 to 10 tons per day – 1800 tones Rutile & 1800 tones Anatase).

1960

TTPL was taken over by the Government of Kerala.

1961

A Research & Development wing was set up in the company in 1961. Industrial License for 50 MTs per day expansion was obtained in July 1961.

1963

It was proposed to produce Rutile Grade and Anatase Grade side by side. Next expansion from 10 to 18 tons per day was completed in October 1963. However, the Rutile production was temporarily discontinued in 1963.

1967

The government approved the expansion programme for producing 50 tons per day in 1967.

1970

The sole selling agency agreement with Ms. TTK & Co. which has been in existence since 1954 was terminated on 30.06.1970 from which date TTP took over the sale directly

1973

The next expansion programme to 24,500 tons per annum in 1973.

1979

KSIPTC was appointed as the sole selling agents with effect from 1st March 1979.

1980

Marketing of Titanium Dioxide is now done by TTPL itself. Conversion of Sulphuric Acid Plant into DCDA technology by FEDO on a turnkey basis at a cost of Rs. 193. 69 lakhs was inaugurated on 13.09.1980.

1984

The DCDA project started in 1980 was commissioned in June 1984.

1996

Order for constructing a new 300 tons per day Sulphuric acid plant with the latest emission control devices awarded to M/s. DMCC on 21-10-1993 at a cost of 24.42 crores. The plant was commissioned on 29 March 1996.

1996

Order for constructing a new 300 tons per day Sulphuric acid plant with the latest emission control devices awarded to M/s. DMCC on 21-10-1993 at a cost of 24.42 crores. The plant was commissioned on 29 March 1996.

2001

Provided secured landfill facility for hazardous waste disposal Production of Rutile grade Titanium Dioxide by in-house technology was started in 2001

2002

ISO 9002:1994 Certification.

2003

TTPL started direct marketing & entered into the export market.

2004

ISO 9001:2000Certification

2010

ISO 9001:2008 Certification.

2018

ISO 9001:2015 Certification

Awards and Recognition


BIS CERTIFICATION


TTPL has Certification Mark License of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)

ISO 9001:2015


TTPL has been assessed & registered by NQA against the provisions of ISO 9001:2015

Capexil


TTPL bagged Export Performance Award for the year 2010-11

Star Export House


TTPL awarded ‘One Star Export House’ during the year 2006

Safety and Environment Achievements


The company was honored by the following awards from Department of Factories and Boilers, Kerala,

  • BEST SAFETY COMMITTEE (2010)
  • BEST SAFETY OFFICER (2012)

ISO Standards


  • 2002 – ISO 9002:1994 Certification.
  • 2003 – TTPL started direct marketing & entered into the export market.
  • 2004 – ISO 9001:2000 Certification.
  • 2010 – ISO 9001:2008 Certification
  • 2018 – ISO 9001:2015 Certification.